ThirdChannel is seeking a Product Designer to create interfaces and interactions across its product line, especially on the mobile app used for in-field activities. We are looking for tastemakers; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of design to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help ThirdChannel become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences. You will be responsible for delivering first class applications in a fast-paced, agile, startup environment.
ThirdChannel offers fabulous company benefits and a fast-paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Deliver exceptional mobile app user experiences (via user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) on both Android and iOS
- Translate business and product requirements into beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences. You must be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Think about the full context of the user experience including business challenges, user needs, and user persona characteristics
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Facilitate design reviews and build buy-in for your team’s ideas across an organization of bright, curious, and engaged colleagues
- Develop and ensure best design practices, processes and communicate quality expectations across the organization
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand user needs
- Organize and conduct remote user testing to gather insights and identify areas of improvement that are translated immediately to design and engineering directives.
- Can be a core contributor to product discovery process and validating product ideas with users and stakeholders (for example interviews, observation sessions, user tests, etc.)
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- 3+ years experience in a product design role
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design, with excellent hands-on design skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment, especially partnering effectively with Product Management and Engineering stakeholders
- Strong portfolio featuring real world examples of interaction design work
- Experience with Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite (or Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle or equivalents)
- Familiarity with mobile-centric design and interaction patterns
- Familiarity with web development best practices is preferred
- Familiarity with web responsive design is preferred
- Information architecture experience preferred
- User experience research experience preferred
- Web development experience a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. A position in our company comes with the following benefits:
- Stock options so that you’re an owner of the company like us
- Strong health and dental plans
- An open work environment where we collaborate constantly with developers from other companies in the Redstar portfolio
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Marlene Jandricic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
60 Canal Street, Third Floor
Boston, MA 02114